5 Bible Verses That Offer Comfort When Tragedy Hits
With the catastrophic tragedy that occurred in Parkland, FL this week, my heart and mind have found comfort in clinging to what Scripture has to say in times such as these.
While I have certain verses that bring comfort, it’s always wonderful to hear from others on what verses bring them peace too. Today I asked those on Instagram to share with me verses that comfort them in tough times, ones that offer them hope and encouragement.
I wanted to share with you a couple that I turn to as well as some of those that others shared.
- “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” - Psalm 56:3
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” - Isaiah 41:10
- “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” - Psalm 46:1
- “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.” - Isaiah 26:3
- “The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” - Psalm 34:1
May these verses be lifted up in honor of those affected by such tragedy and for all of our hearts as we process such loss in this world.
I’d love to hear from you as well, please leave a verse or quote that brings comfort to you.